Easter treats

 In my family and the place where I grew up, Easter used to be a holiday filled with wonderful traditions, which, unfortunately, the new generation does not continue as strongly. Some of these traditions include dressing up in new clothes on the first day of Easter and meeting up with family and friends to compete with our painted/dyed eggs by knocking them together and seeing whos cracks first.  This remains a cherished memory, and I always had so much fun seeing if my dyed egg would be the lucky winner. On the second day of Easter, unmarried girls would be visited by their male friends and neighbors in a custom called "the wetting." They would spray perfume on the girls they liked—oh, the embarrassment!

Of course, Romanians love food, and we have special dishes reserved just for Easter. I cannot wait to enjoy all the delicious treats! While we do not participate in egg hunts, I have prepared treat bags for our young guests.

Even if I do not have the exact cutting die in my collection, I do my best to use small elements to create the shape I desire. That is how I assembled these three characters: a sheep, a bunny, and a chick. Once I finalize the right design, it becomes relatively easy to create multiple copies. I used most of the dies from Tonic Studios, and the sentiment is from Clearly Besotted.

If you are celebrating Easter this Sunday, I hope it is a joyful occasion filled with peace and love!


Comments

Post a Comment