Creamy Pea soup
When it comes to cooking, I try to make new things. I had some peas in my freezer and wanted to use them. But, to make what?! Well, I must say I don't eat creamy soups. Maybe because I like my mom's traditional soups. However, I really wanted to try to make a creamy pea soup.
To be honest, I like it! Not bad! But a bit too heavy for my sensitive stomach. The soups we make are a bit different. So, a creamy soup is like: stew sauce to me. But in the end, the taste is very nice. I like it.
I made my own recipe. If you know how to make the ''original'' pea soup, please let me know in the comments below.
You will need:
- 1 white onion
- 1 spring onion (scallion)
- 1 small red pepper ( or red pepper paste)
- 1 small carrot
- 1/2 teaspoon Knorr Vegetable Stock Pot
- smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp greek yoghurt/ sour cream
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 cup of peas
- 1 cup of warm water
- Chop the onion, red pepper, spring onion and carrot
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over a medium heat. Add the onion and fry it for about 2 minutes.
- Add the rest of the veggies, warm water, vegetable stock and bring it to the boil.
- Add 1 tbsp of greek yoghurt/ sour cream and use a blender to liquidise the soup.
- If the soup is too thick,add some boiling water.
- Add salt and pepper
This is my take on creamy pea soup. I am not a chef, but I like trying new things. This recipe works great if you have the ingredients in the fridge and you want something quick and tasty to eat.