17 April 2015

Creamy Pea soup


Hello everyone,

When it comes to cooking, I try to make new things. I had some peas in my freezer and wanted to use them. But, to make what?! Well, I must say I don't eat creamy soups. Maybe because I like my mom's traditional soups. However, I really wanted to try to make a creamy pea soup.

To be honest, I like it! Not bad! But a bit too heavy for my sensitive stomach. The soups we make  are a bit different. So, a creamy soup is like: stew sauce to me. But in the end, the taste is very nice. I like it.



I made my own recipe. If you know how to make the ''original'' pea soup, please let me know in the comments below.

You will need:
  • 1 white onion
  • 1 spring onion (scallion)
  • 1 small red pepper ( or red pepper paste) 
  • 1 small carrot 
  • 1/2 teaspoon Knorr Vegetable Stock Pot
  • salt
  • pepper
  • smoked paprika
  • 2 tbsp greek yoghurt/ sour cream
  • 1 tbsp oil
  • 1 cup of peas
  • 1 cup of warm water
How to:
  • Chop the onion, red pepper, spring onion and carrot 
  • Heat the oil in a saucepan over a medium heat. Add the onion and fry it for about 2 minutes. 
  • Add the rest of the veggies, warm water, vegetable stock and bring it to the boil.
  • Add 1 tbsp of greek yoghurt/ sour cream and use a blender to liquidise the soup.
  • If the soup is too thick,add some boiling water.
  • Add salt and pepper 
For my soup, I put 1 tbsp of greek yoghurt over, smoked paprika and shredded chicken.

This is my take on creamy pea soup. I am not a chef, but I like trying new things. This recipe works great if you have the ingredients in the fridge and you want something quick and tasty to eat.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright

Contents of this site may not be reproduced. Email me with any questions: nanny_pink07@yahoo.com
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected