13 February 2014

Homemade heart candles for Valentine's day

Hello blogcreatures,

I'm not into Valentine's day, but this is a great excuse to make homemade heart candles. I love candles even if my dad makes fun of me and says that we aren't at the cemetery. If you want to make your own candles, then please read the written tutorial.


To make homemade candles you will need:
  • old candles
  • silicone mold
  • twine
  • essential oil
  • pan
  • water
  • stove
  • scissors
  • tweezers
I used two old candles: white and pink, but you can use any candle you have.
  Fill a large pan with about 3 inches of water. Heat to a simmer. Place your candle jar inside the pan and let it melt completely. If your candle doesn't come with the jar , use a thick jar and put the candle inside. To make your own wicks, use the twine and dip it into the hot wax, using tweezers. Repeat the process two or three times. If you want your candles to smell good, add some essential oil. Pour the hot wax into your mold and add the wick. Let it set for a few hours.

Quick tip: If you want to make ombre candles , let the first layer cool down for about 30 minutes and then add the second layer and repeat the process.

1 comment:

  1. and I thought I was the only one that save old candle wax. Thanks for the tips...adorale heart candles!!

    ReplyDelete

Copyright

Contents of this site may not be reproduced. Email me with any questions: nanny_pink07@yahoo.com
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected