03 December 2013

Countdown to Christmas Advent Village

Hello blogcreatures,

Sometimes I don't understand why my american and english people have the Christmas tree up already....and is just the first week  of December. Where I live we only put the tree up on the Christmas eve day and take that off after January 6. Oh well , this is new to me. How about you? When do you start decorating for Christams?

One of my clients, asked for a Countdown  Christmas Advent. She really loved the Advent Village creation from the Craft Stamper December issue 2013 , created by Gail Milburn.



Above you can see my creation.  I'm really happy with the result. But if you want to make one yourself, be prepared. If you don't have the right dies and materials , this will take a while. Anyways, I had a good time making this for my client.  If you have any questions please let me know. Have a great day!

5 comments:

  1. We've always put our tree up the day after Thanksgiving and when I moved out I have done the same thing. I think it is so you can get in the Christmas mood, although with me I am in it year round. This is a beautiful project, thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful! "Holdays are coming, holidays are coming.." :)

    In Russia ther's no special date for Xmas tree decorating - it's up to each family traditions - I mean, some people prefer to make decoration at the beginning of December, others can even do that on December 31st or make no any decorations at all. And I got to know two families who keep Xmas tree till March or sometimes even April - now you can imagine how much they like Christmas and New Year holiday ))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning - totally! We put our tree up on the first Sunday of December, and take it down on Twelth night Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous project...

    And I'm with you. We put the tree up as close to Christmas Eve as we can (usually 23rd as we're with family on the 24th) and take it down on the 6th. But everywhere you look in the UK now, people already have their trees up... and then they tear them down sometimes on the 26th December!!!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Alison, we have the same tradition here. But I think they do it differently because of their religion... I guess.

      Delete

Copyright

Contents of this site may not be reproduced. Email me with any questions: nanny_pink07@yahoo.com
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected