26 March 2010

In loving memory of Somer Thompson




You are my sunshine, my only sunshine
You make me happy when skies are gray
You'll never know dear how much I love you
Please don't take my sunshine away.
The other night dear as I was sleeping
I dreamed I held you in my arms.
When I awoke dear I was mistaken
And I hung my head and I cried
.( Bing Crosby - You Are My Sunshine )


It was an honor to participate in Sarah's ("kaczsk" on YouTube)call-out to create a mini-album for Diena Thompson, mother of little Somer Thompson who was abducted and killed in October 2009 while walking home from school. I was very touched and moved by Somer's story...so sad....Please visit Somer's website to learn more about her story at www.rememberingsomer.com.

In her memory I created a tag and a small card.

Her favorite color was purple.I tried to incorporate this color into this tag and card but in very small quantities.
Here are more detailed pictures...

this is my first tag so I do not know many techniques about it!


I started with a simple white tag then added a text from an old book( romanian book).I got this paper with angels from Meda ( I think that is wrapping paper)Perfect because Somer has a twin brother and sister.


I finally used Prima Flowers and love 'em!I used the message: ''An angel to become a ray of sunshine''.Her favorite song was: You are my sunshine. (Beautiful song)
I made this tag with much love especially because it is a special story and is the first time when something / someone deeply affected me.

Here is the condolence card for her family.

I created this envelope with musical notes because I was inspired by her favorite song.


I hope you enjoy this project, created for someone special.
R.I.P Somer Thompson!

With love Lollyrot

3 comments:

  1. Hola Maria ! Que bonito tributo y que historia tan trágica. Tengo ganas de llorar...vivo en México y desafortunadamente para nosotros la violencia es cada día mayor. Da miedo salir a la calle pero me alegro que en otros lugares luchen contra los criminales y que sean castigados y que nunca permitan que crimenes como estos se dejen sin castigar. Gracias por compartir. El tag quedó precioso. Me gusta mucho tu trabajo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gracias por el comentario.la verdad es que fue una tragedia para esta nina.Ella tenia solo 7 anos...un angelito..

    ReplyDelete
  3. De fapt e hartie pentru decupaj :)

    ReplyDelete

Copyright

Contents of this site may not be reproduced. Email me with any questions: nanny_pink07@yahoo.com
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected